A Lot Has Happened in the Last Two Weeks!
The graphic above outlines what the AG’s department said about the Adler, despite what they were told by the ACC and the AFP.
Why did they say that?
And yet they still want to ban the 7 shot Adler at the COAG meeting next month (and probably a lot more we don’t yet know about!)
Write to your local Queensland and Federal Senators and ask them why!
UPDATE #1 – Exposed! Secret Police Review of Weapons Act!
Despite our best efforts, and the efforts of others including the KAP MP’s, the Queensland Government has steadfastly refused to reinstate the Firearms Advisory Committee, or to consult with firearms groups who will be directly affected by this secret review of the Weapons Act and Regulations.
Some of the activity Shooters Union has been involved in behind the scenes:
- We have been meeting with politicians from the Qld Opposition, and the cross benches, seeking assistance to shine a light on this secret review
- Graham Park has participated in several regional media interviews about the review
- Queensland Country Life will be doing an article about the current WLB issues affecting farmers, and using some of our input
- With Rob Pyne resigning from the Labor Party, the balance of power in the Queensland Parliament has well and truly shifted!
- We have met with the Qld Opposition to promote our “Steal a gun, go to jail” initiative targeting firearms thieves
- We have written to the Police Minister and the head of Weapons Licensing Branch asking for information about the Weapons Act review, and have been met with stony silence
- We have been invited to participate in an SBS Insight show later in March – we’ll let you know when it’s going to air
So – there is an enormous amount of activity going on to present a voice of reason in this review
But we still need your help.
Please – email your local Qld MP, and your Local federal MP’s and Senators, and tell them (politely) that you insist on being consulted prior to any changes being made ot the Qld Weapons Act and Regulations, and also the National Firearms Agreement
You can use our easy-to-navigate Politicians contact page on our website here.